Man arrested on suspicion of affray in Bowthorpe
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of affray and other offences following an incident in Bowthorpe.
Police were called to Jay Gardens, in Bowthorpe, on the outskirts of Norwich, at 6.05am this morning (March 16) following reports of a domestic incident and concerns for the safety of a man.
Police attended and the suspect locked himself inside a property alone, resulting in negotiators and Taser officers being deployed to the scene.
Witnesses reported seeing a large police presence, and as many as 25 officers in the area while the situation was ongoing.
The incident was safely resolved and a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and criminal damage.
He was taken to Wymondham police investigation centre where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured during the incident.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 5 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom