Man arrested on suspicion of affray in Bowthorpe
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of affray and other offences following an incident in Bowthorpe.
Police were called to Jay Gardens, in Bowthorpe, on the outskirts of Norwich, at 6.05am this morning (March 16) following reports of a domestic incident and concerns for the safety of a man.
Police attended and the suspect locked himself inside a property alone, resulting in negotiators and Taser officers being deployed to the scene.
Witnesses reported seeing a large police presence, and as many as 25 officers in the area while the situation was ongoing.
The incident was safely resolved and a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of affray, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and criminal damage.
He was taken to Wymondham police investigation centre where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured during the incident.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 7 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month