Man charged with animal cruelty in Great Yarmouth
A 46-year-old man has been charged with animal cruelty in Great Yarmouth.
Jason Crowe from Great Yarmouth has been sanctioned under section 4 - for unnecessary suffering - and section 9 - duty of responsibilty to the animal's welfare - of the animal welfare act 2006.
He will appear in court on January 23.
The 46-year-old was arrested on Thursday evening amid concerns for the welfare of a dog.
Police were alerted to the issue from CCTV in the town.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeperson for the police said the dog was in good hands and would be well looked after during the festive period.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village