Man arrested following ‘fight’ outside of nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a 'fight' outside of a nightclub in Norfolk on Sunday morning.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said officers were called to a large altercation outside of Ocean Room nightclub in Gorleston at 1am on Sunday.
Police said no serious injuries were reported.
It said a man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence and drunk and disorderly behaviour.
The man has been released pending further investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A man who did not want to be named said 'approximately 30 to 40 people were fighting' and 'glasses were being thrown'.
A spokesperson for Ocean Room said the night - organised by another promotions company - 'wasn't going to plan so it decided to end the night earlier than scheduled'.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
The spokesperson said: 'We called the police to help with the crowd as they were leaving so there wasn't any trouble for the local residents.
'Nobody was seriously injured and discreet security helped the police outside to assist everybody on their journey home.'