Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s has been arrested on suspicion of assault after an incident at a supermarket in which a woman suffered a head injury.
Police were called to Sainsbury's at Longwater in Costessey at 10.58am on Monday to reports of a disturbance.
"Emergency services were in attendance and a man was arrested at the scene," a police spokesperson confirmed.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) confirmed it sent an ambulance and a rapid response to the vehicle.
"One patient was transported to Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for further care," an EEAST spokesperson added.
It is understood the man arrested threw jars of sauce at the victim, which hit a Perspex screen and caused a loud noise.
The noise and the sauce spillage caused concern among witnesses and led to some on social media wondering if a gun had been fired, but no firearm was involved.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 4 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 6 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 9 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast