Man caught carrying knives on city estate is yet to be interviewed
- Credit: Archant
A man caught carrying two knives and banging on windows on a Norwich estate has yet to be interviewed about the offences as he is still receiving treatment in hospital, it has emerged.
Witnesses described hearing what they thought were two men fighting and shouting near to homes in Southalls Way, Norwich on Sunday, January 26
Initially one policeman was trying to deal with the situation but was later backed up by several more officers after the suspect ran off after refusing to co-operate.
A man in his 30s and from Norwich was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary, assault, criminal damage and possessing an offensive weapon after he was found with two knives.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the man was arrested but later sectioned under the Mental Health Act and has been receiving treatment in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said he is yet to be interviewed for the offences.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre