WATCH: Police called to McDonald’s following threat to stab woman
- Credit: Archant
Police raced to a Norwich restaurant after a woman reported a man said he was going to stab her.
Sgt Mark Shepherd said a woman had gone into Bethel Street Police Station to report that she had been approached by a man while she was in McDonalds who 'said he was going to stab her'.
After the woman reported the incident at just after 1pm on Monday (March 11) a number of officers were sent to the Haymarket branch of McDonald's where the suspect was found.
He was searched and although no weapons were found on him, was arrested on suspicion of a public order offence.
You may also want to watch:
He was led out of the restaurant in handcuffs and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) for questioning.
The incident happened as Norfolk Police launched a knife amnesty with a week of action cracking down on knife crime in the city.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash