Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in King's Lynn
- Credit: Danielle Booden
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found in King's Lynn.
A woman, thought to be in her 40s, was found dead at an address on Thoresby Avenue at 8.34am on Tuesday following reports of a concern for safety.
The man, who is in his 50s, was arrested at the scene and taken to hospital for medical treatment. He will be questioned by detectives investigating the death in due course.
A police cordon has been put in place while enquiries take place to establish the circumstances surrounding the death.
As of Wednesday morning, a police vehicle remained outside the property.
Initial enquiries suggest both parties were known to each other, and officers believe this to be an isolated incident.
A Home Office post-mortem examination will be held in due course to establish the cause of death.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Norfolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.