Man drives car at police after being ordered to stop
- Credit: Norfolk Constabulary
A man tried to plough his car into police when officers told him to stop and he refused to do so.
Norfolk police said a 36-year-old man had been arrested in Dawber Close, King’s Lynn, at just before 1,30am on Friday, October 10.
They said officers were initially called to the scene following reports of a domestic incident.
When officers arrived, a man was in a vehicle and drove off, failing to heed the request by police to stop.
He then hit a lamppost and tried to drive at police officers.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk police spokeswoman said he had not managed to hit any of the officers and that he was then stopped and arrested.
During a search, officers found the suspect in possession of a quantity of cannabis and two knives.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 5 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 8 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 9 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
He was taken to King’s Lynn Police Investigation Centre to be questioned.