Man accused with murder of 39-year-old appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a 39-year-old man who was attacked in a Norwich flat.
Peter Bruton, 26, and of no fixed abode, appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Saturday, the day after being charged James Greene's murder.
Mr Greene died at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Thursday, June 6, following an incident at Dolphin Grove on Tuesday, where he resided.
Wearing a baggy blue, round-collared sweatshirt, Bruton made a short appearance in court, confirming his name, date of birth, and address.
Members of Mr Greene's family were sitting in the public gallery during the hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Bruton was not granted bail and is scheduled to appear at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday, June 11.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 10 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre