Man appears in court charged with producing more than 700 cannabis plants
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with producing more than 700 cannabis plants.
Hue Lieu Nguyen, 49 and of no fixed address, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Thursday (December 5) charged with the production of 734 cannabis plants.
Wearing a navy blue tracksuit top and bottoms Nguyen spoke through a translator to confirm his name and age.
He chose not to indicate a plea.
The case has been adjourned for a further hearing at Norwich Crown Court on January 6, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Nguyen was remanded in custody.
It comes after police were called to a property on Norwich Road in Ditchingham on Tuesday, December 3.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
Officers discovered cannabis plants inside with an estimated street value of more than £500,000.