Man appears in court charged with ill treatment of a young person
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with multiple counts of ill treatment of a young person.
Ricky Simpson, 49, of Beeching Close, Lakenham, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday (September 24) charged with 19 counts of assault/ill-treat/neglect a child or young person and one of assault/ill-treat/neglect/abandon a young person to cause unnecessary suffering or injury.
Simpson pleaded not guilty to all counts and the case was adjourned until October 1.
A co-defendant, Susan Simpson, 50, also of Beeching Close, Lakenham, has been charged with nine counts of assault/ill-treat/neglect a child or young person. She also faces two counts of assault/ill-treat/neglect/abandon of a young person to cause unnecessary suffering or injury. Susan Simpson did not appear in court on Tuesday and had her case adjourned until October 1.
The charges relate to multiple complainants between 2002 and 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Simpson has been granted unconditional bail and ordered to return to Norwich Magistrates Court on October 1.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time