Teen admits possession of heroin and cocaine, denies possession of machete
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
An 18-year-old man has admitted being in possession of a significant amount of heroin and cocaine when he was arrested in Suffolk Square, in Norwich.
Zakariya Sulaiman, from London, appeared at Norwich Crown Court via video link from Norwich prison and admitted possessing cocaine with intent to supply on February 5 this year.
He also pleaded guilty to possession of heroin with intent to supply on the same date.
He pleaded not guilty to possession of a machete on the same date and obstructing a police officer and prosecutor Peter Gair said these pleas were acceptable to the prosecution. He said there was a 'significant' quantity of class A drugs involved.
Andrew Oliver, for Sulaiman asked for reports, given the youth of the defendant.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Anthony Bate adjourned the case for reports and remanded Sulaiman in custody. Sentencing will be on April 9.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover