Man bit part of victim’s ear off in Norwich nightclub attack
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old who bit part of a man's ear off in a Norwich club will be sentenced later this year.
Macauley Marshall appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday (February 28) having admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm on the victim at The Loft nightclub in Rose Lane, Norwich.
Marshall, of Marl Pit Lane, Norwich, bit a small piece of flesh from the victim's left ear lobe off in the attack on November 17 2018.
He also admitted possession of a class B drug, namely 0.56 grams of cannabis, on the same date.
He appeared in court for sentence having admitted both offences last month.
You may also want to watch:
District Judge Julie Cooper told Marshall that the matter was a "very serious offence".
She said the magistrate court's powers were not sufficient to deal with it and sent the matter to the crown court for sentencing.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Marshall will be sentenced at Norwich Crown Court at a date to be fixed.