Man admits attempted murder after Norfolk bird bath attack
- Credit: Archant
A man has admitted attempted murder after he smashed his neighbour over the head with a bird bath.
Adrian Lake, 60, repeatedly struck his neighbour over the head with the bird bath following an argument.
On Wednesday Lake, of Bellrope Lane, Wymondham, appeared at Norwich Crown Court when he pleaded guilty to a charge of attempted murder on September 20 last year.
He had previously admitted causing grievous bodily and criminal damage on the same date.
At an earlier hearing Lake, who is unrepresented, previously told Judge Anthony Bate: “I feel no remorse for what I’ve done.
“Given the earliest opportunity I would attack my victim again in the hope of killing him”.
The case adjourned until Friday (August 13) for sentence.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home