Major incident on waterfront
- Credit: Archant
A waterfront has been sealed off while the emergency services deal with what appears to be a major incident.
Police, fire, ambulance and coastguards have been on the South Quay, in King’s Lynn, this afternoon.
UPDATE: Woman’s body found in river
A spokesman said officers were first sent to what was descrbed as “a concern for safety” at West Lynn.
Fire appliances and ambulances are currently near Marriott’s Warehouse and the magistrates court, along with police and a forensic unit.
One man at the scene said he had seen emergency workers wearing hazmat protective suits.
You may also want to watch:
Police and firefighters have also been seen on the opposite side of the river off Clockcase Road, Clenchwarton.
Norfolk fire service said it had earlier assisted police and coastguard with an incident at the Port of King’s Lynn.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 3 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 4 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 5 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 6 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears