CCTV appeal after cyclist racially abuses woman
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a picture of a man they want to speak to in connection with a racially aggravated incident in Lowestoft.
With an appeal for witnesses launched last month after a cyclist shouted a racially abusive comment at a woman, officers have issued a fresh appeal following the incident which happened around 2.30pm on Thursday, June 18 in Rotterdam Road, Lowestoft.
A woman in her 40s was walking down the road when an unknown man approached her on his bike and shouted a racially abusive comment at her before cycling away in the direction of Marham Road.
The man police are keen to trace is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, of slim build.
He was wearing a dark blue waterproof sports coat with white writing, knee length grey shorts, trainers, a beanie hat and a blue surgical mask.
He was also was riding a BMX-style bike.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “Officers would like to speak to the man pictured in the CCTV image about this incident as he may be able to help with the investigation.”
If you recognise the man pictured in the CCTV image, or you have any information, call 101 quoting crime reference 37/33912/20.
- 1 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 2 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 3 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 4 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 5 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 8 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 9 When do some of Norfolk’s most popular attractions reopen?
- 10 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack