Trial date set for man accused of firearm charge
- Credit: Archant
The trial of a man who was arrested after parts of an estate in Lowestoft was evacuated by police will take place early next year.
Clinton Hicks, 59, of Normanshurst Close, Lowestoft, appeared via a prison video link at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, September 2.
Hicks, who was represented by Edward Renvoize, pleaded not guilty to possessing a prohibited firearm and possessing a prohibited weapon on July 28.
No application for bail was made at the hearing.
Hicks was remanded in custody and his trial - which is expected to last three days - will take place at Ipswich Crown Court on January 27.
You may also want to watch:
A further case management hearing will take place on October 18.
Hicks was told he would be able to attend that hearing via a prison video link.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47