Man charged after cocaine found at house during drug raid
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with Class A drug offences after police raided his home after a tip-off.
Abiola Akamo, of Reeve Street, in Lowestoft was charged with possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, namely cocaine, on Wednesday, January 2.
The 33-year-old's home was raided by the specialised Scorpion Drug Team after police received a tip-off drug dealing was taking place at a house in Reeve Street.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: 'Police attended the property and following a search of the premises recovered what was described as a lump of white powder wrapped in plastic and toilet roll.'
Following the discovery Akamo was taken to Great Yarmouth police Investigation Centre for questioning a subsequently charged.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates' Court on Thursday, January 3, and has been remanded in custody.
Akamo will appear before Norwich Crown Court on January 31.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 Do you recognise this man?
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions