Man charged after cocaine found at house during drug raid
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with Class A drug offences after police raided his home after a tip-off.
Abiola Akamo, of Reeve Street, in Lowestoft was charged with possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, namely cocaine, on Wednesday, January 2.
The 33-year-old's home was raided by the specialised Scorpion Drug Team after police received a tip-off drug dealing was taking place at a house in Reeve Street.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: 'Police attended the property and following a search of the premises recovered what was described as a lump of white powder wrapped in plastic and toilet roll.'
Following the discovery Akamo was taken to Great Yarmouth police Investigation Centre for questioning a subsequently charged.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates' Court on Thursday, January 3, and has been remanded in custody.
Akamo will appear before Norwich Crown Court on January 31.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive