Cyclist killed in collision named by police
- Credit: Archant
A female cyclist who was killed in a collision with a lorry has been named by police.
Sheila Ann Holmes, 74, died following a collision with a HGV on Tuesday, May 28.
A lorry driver who was arrested following the fatal collision has been released from police custody.
The collision took place on St John's Road, near the junction of Hillside Road West, in Bungay just before 3pm.
Police and air ambulance attended the collision, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
In a statement, Suffolk police said the 35-year-old male driver had been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but he has now been released pending further enquiries.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving beforehand, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference CAD 188 of May 28.