Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage
- Credit: Mick Howes
Investigations are under way after three men and a woman sprayed lit aerosol cans as they walked through a popular shopping centre late at night.
Police are appealing for witnesses and information in connection with damage that was caused at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
A police spokesman said: "Officers were called at 11.25pm on Friday, April 9, to reports of an arson at The Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
"It is reported that a group of people, three male and one female were lighting aerosol cans and spraying the flame at objects in the centre.
"A large traffic cone was damaged."
You may also want to watch:
No injuries were reported during the isolated late night incident, with "broken glass and rubbish" having to be cleared by cleaners at The Britten Centre on Saturday morning.
Witnesses or anybody with any information is asked to contact Lowestoft Police on 101 quoting crime reference 18271/21.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area