Man in court over attempted murder and kidnapping
- Credit: Reece Hanson
A man charged with kidnapping and attempted murder of a woman has appeared in court.
Christopher Crichton, 32, appeared over a link from Norwich Prison for the hearing at Norwich Crown Court.
Crichton, of Park Street, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, only spoke to confirm his date of birth.
Andrew Jackson appeared for the prosecution and said that Crichton was charged with attempted murder on April 26, this year, but asked that no charges were put to him at this stage.
Andrew Thompson appeared for Crichton.
Judge Anthony Bate adjourned the hearing until July 16 and remanded Crichton in custody.
A trial is expected to take place in December.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
Norfolk Police had been called after reports of a woman seen in distress in the Yarmouth Road area of Kirby Cane, near Bungay, before being driven away from the address.
Suffolk police were then called after a woman was found with stab wounds in Nacton, near Ipswich.
She was admitted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, with serious injuries.