Man arrested after police chase ends with ‘stinger’ being used to burst car tyres
- Credit: King's Lynn Police
A driver has been arrested after a police chase which saw a stinger used to burst the tyres of his car and bring it to a halt.
Police spotted the car, which failed to stop, in King’s Lynn at around 8.30am on Saturday, October 24.
After pursuing the car, a stinger device was used to puncture its tyres on Sutton Bridge, where the driver “decamped” but was later found and arrested.
A spokesman from King’s Lynn Police said: “The driver of the vehicle failed to stop for police and following pursuit his vehicle was stung.
“The driver continued for a short distance and then decamped where he was located by police and arrested. He is currently in custody.”
You may also want to watch:
King’s Lynn Police had intially tweeted regarding the incident, calling it a “busy morning”, for officers.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage