Service station targeted in cashpoint raid
- Credit: Archant
A busy service station has been the target of a cashpoint raid.
The Esso garage on the A10 at West Winch, near King's Lynn was attacked in the early hours of today.
Police said the raid took place at 3.39am. A silver Mercedes Sprinter van was used in the theft of the cash machine, which contained cash at the time it was taken, but was later recovered by police.
The service station was cordoned off this morning but has since re-opened.
A spokesman said: "Police are carrying out enquiries into the incident and officers would like to hear from anyone who has knowledge of the raid or believes they witnessed any suspicious activity in the vicinity of the theft."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting reference 36/86775/19 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts