Man found with more than 2,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A 61-year-old man was found with more than 2,000 indecent child images, a court heard.
Kevin Thompson, of St Annes Crescent, Gorleston, was found with the indecent images on his computer after police raided his address.
Martin Ivory, prosecuting, said there were 449 in the most serious category, with more than 1,800 images in the other categories as well as five extreme porn images.
Thompson admitted downloading indecent images and one count of distributing an image and was given a 12 month jail sentence suspended for two years.
He was also given 160 hours unpaid work and placed on the sex offender's register.
You may also want to watch:
David Stewart, for Thompson, said the distribution was on one single occasion and he had expressed remorse.
He said he was of low risk.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments