Man charged with attempted murder after Norwich shooting
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with attempted murder following a shooting in Norwich.
Police were called to Adelaide Street close to West End Street at about 2am on June 27 last year following an altercation followed by a gunshot.
Police units, including armed response officers, arrived to find a man with a gunshot wound to his back.
The victim, a 19-year-old from London, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
Kallum Eastall, 18, of no fixed abode, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday (January 4) via videolink from HMP Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
He has been charged with attempted murder following the incident.
Eastall, who wore a white T-shirt and who had short dark hair and was clean-shaven spoke only to confirm his name during the short four-minute hearing.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 7 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47
The case was formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on February 1.
There was no indication of plea and Eastall was remanded in custody until the next hearing.
There was no application for bail.