Jury sworn in to try woman accused of murder of her husband
- Credit: Archant
A jury has been sworn into try the case of a woman accused of the murder of her husband in Wymondham.
Kumarathas Rajasingam, 57, was found at a property in Burdock Close in the town late on Saturday, March 16 with serious wounds to his head and chest.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he died the following morning.
A Home Office post mortem examination determined that the likely cause of death was multiple organ failure arising from stab wounds.
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, 55, of Burdock Close, Wymondham, has been charged with the murder of her husband.
You may also want to watch:
She has pleaded not guilty to murder and appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Monday for the start of her trial.
A jury of eight men and four women was selected and sworn in on Monday afternoon and will return on Tuesday for the opening of the case.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 8 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 9 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety