Woman arrested after city centre row
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to Norwich city centre to deal with a row between two people.
It happened in Hay Hill at around 12.30pm on Thursday.
Police confirmed that one woman had been arrested at the scene and taken into custody.
An eye-witness said there was an altercation between two people, one of whom appeared to be drunk.
A police spokesperson said: "Officers were called to an incident in the Haymarket in Norwich at around 12.30pm today following reports a female was being verbally abusive and making threats.
You may also want to watch:
"A girl, aged in her late teens and from the Norwich area, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of a public order offence.
"She remains in custody at this time."
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 3 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Administrators appointed at AF Biomass
They added an off-duty officer intervened, before more of his colleagues showed up.
The arrested woman is being processed by police.