Man admits stealing underwear and sex toy in burglary
- Credit: Archant
A man has admitted stealing underwear and a sex toy in a burglary.
Joseph Melhado, 30, from King's Lynn, admitted stealing the items in a burglary in Wiggenhall St Germans, near King's Lynn, when he appeared at a hearing at Norwich Crown Court, on Monday.
He also admitted a second burglary charge on September 5, 2020.
His barrister Nicholas Bleaney asked for a pre-sentence report into the case which he said was "very unusual".
He said that he accepted that custody would be very much on the table but told the court that Melhado, who is now 30, would benefit from having a report to explore various options.
Recorder Douglas Herbert adjourned the case for a pre-sentence report.
Melhado will be sentenced on Thursday July 15, and the hearing is expected to take about an hour.
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
Recorder Herbert granted Melhado conditional bail.
Danielle O'Donovan appeared for the prosecution at the hearing.