Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- Credit: Archant
A man who admitted stealing underwear and a sex toy from a house in a west Norfolk village has been jailed for two years.
Joseph Melhado, 30, of Anmer, near King's Lynn, admitted stealing the items in a burglary at St Germans, near King's Lynn.
At an earlier hearing, he also admitted a second burglary charge on September 5, 2020. The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report.
Today Melhado was sentenced to two years imprisonment on each count, to run concurrently, by Judge Anthony Bate at King's Lynn Crown Court.
He was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £149. No order for costs was made.
At a previous hearing in June, Melhado's barrister Nicholas Bleaney asked for a pre-sentence report into the case which he described as "very unusual".
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 8 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 9 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder