Man charged with murder of 22-year-old found in river
- Credit: Archant
Sean Palmer, 29, of South Market Road in Great Yarmouth, was arrested on Wednesday (October 30) and charged with the murder of Ipswich man Joe Pooley.
Mr Pooley was found dead at around 10.30am on August 13 last year in the River Gipping near London Road in Ipswich.
A post-mortem examination determined the likely cause of death was immersion in water.
Mr Palmer appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Thursday (October 31) and was remanded in custody until Friday (November 1), when he will appear at Ipswich Crown Court.
Meanwhile, Sebastian Smith, 34, of no fixed abode, previously released under investigation, attended Wymondham Police Investigation Centre on Wednesday (October 30) where he was also charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates Court by live link on Wednesday (October 30) and was remanded into custody. He will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday (November 1).
Two women have also been charged in connection with the murder.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
Lisa-Marie Smith, 25, of Ramsay Road in Hawick, Roxburghshire and Becki West-Davidson, 29, of Foxhall Road in Ipswich are both due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates Court by live link on Thursday (October 31).