Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Two men have been jailed for stealing nitrous oxide from a hospital on the coast.
Four cannisters of the substance, commonly known as 'laughing gas', were taken from James Paget Hospital in Gorleston at around 2am on September 19, 2019.
Following an investigation by Norfolk Police’s Moonshot East Team, Jake Roberts, 24, and of no fixed address, and Oliver Evans, 23, and of no fixed address, were charged with burglary in February 2021.
Both Roberts and Evans were sentenced to 22 months in prison at Great Yarmouth Magistrate’s Court last Thursday (April 8).
The hospital has said there was no operational disruption due to the theft.
A spokesperson said: “Any crime against the Trust, its patients or staff will always be reported to the police and we will work closely with officers with the aim of bringing those responsible to justice.”
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 6 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 10 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk