Man caught with knife and stash of drugs down his trousers in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man caught with a knife and a stash of class A drugs down his trousers in Norwich has been jailed for six years.
Kusal Hetiarachi, 20, was stopped at Norwich station in April last year following a tip-off from local police.
He was searched and found to be carrying a lock knife as well as 160 wraps of heroin in his trousers.
During interview, he admitted intending to transport the drugs from Great Yarmouth to his home in London.
A search of his house in Kingston, also found cannabis, sim cards, and empty drugs bags containing white powder which was later found to be cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
Hetiarachi pleaded guilty to counts of possessing crack cocaine with intent to supply, possessing heroin with intent to supply, possessing cannabis, and possessing criminal property.
He is behind bars after being sentenced to six years in a young offender's institution at Kingston-Upon-Thames Crown Court on Thursday, October 17.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media