Investigations continue after cannabis factory discovered at home
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Investigations are continuing after a cannabis factory was discovered at a house.
Police were called to a home on Reeve Street in Lowestoft on Thursday, May 28, after receiving information about the cultivation of cannabis plants at the address.
Upon arrival at the home, officers found the front door wide open and blood on the handle.
With concerns that someone may be injured inside, officers went inside and, while no one was found in the home, around 100 cannabis plants were discovered growing in the upstairs bedrooms.
The plants were removed and the hydroponics equipment was dismantled and destroyed.
No arrests have been made thus far in connection with this incident, as investigations continue.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said “inquiries continue” and anyone with information should contact Lowestoft Neighbourhood Response Team, quoting reference 29102/20, on 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week