Investigation launched after dead pony pulled from river
- Credit: Archant
A dead pony has been pulled from the river at Thetford.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Services urban rescue crews were mobilised to assist police at just after 10.40am today (Saturday, April 27).
A spokesman for the fire service said they were stood down before arrival but confirmed that a dead animal was pulled from the Little Ouse River near to Brandon Road.
A police spokesman in the force control room confirmed they had received reports of a 'deceased animal' and had been asked to investigate.
Meanwhile, elsewhere an appliance from Thetford attended a fire in the open on Gloucester Way at just before 11.40am today (April 27).
You may also want to watch:
The crew used hose reel jets to extinguish.
And earlier, at just before 11am, one appliance from Long Stratton attended a fire in an electrical installation at Aslacton.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
The fire was extinguished before arrival and the incident was handed over to UK power.