Norwich woodland rape investigation latest
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Police are continuing to investigate a rape in Norwich.
Detectives launched an investigation after a woman reported being raped in the Old Library Wood in Rosary Road in the early hours of Tuesday, September 17.
The incident happened while the victim was walking home along Thorpe Road and Rosary Road from the city centre.
Police issued an appeal for information following the incident.
A man in his 30s has been arrested in connection with the incident and released under investigation pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the investigation was ongoing into the incident.
Appeals for information had previously been made by Detective Inspector Chris Burgess.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 5 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
He said it had been thought the suspect walked with the victim for a short time before the attack happened.
Call police on 101.