Investigation continues into Norwich hit and run crash
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is continuing after a woman was knocked down in a hit and run in Norwich.
The incident happened in Edward Street in Norwich, opposite the entrance to Epic Studios, at about 5.10pm on Friday, April 5
The casualty, a woman in her 70s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the vehicle initially stopped but then left the scene.
Following enquiries, a 30-year-old man was arrested later that evening on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and drug driving.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman confirmed the man "remains under investigation" while enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact PC Rob Hardingham at the Roads Armed Policing Team in Wymondham on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit