Man released under investigation following Norwich arsons
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after two fires were started in the city centre within an hour of each other has been released under investigation.
Police were called just before 5.30am on Saturday, January 11 to reports of a suspected arson at a first floor property in Balderstone Court, off Calvert Street.
Less than an hour later, at about 6.15am, police were made aware of another suspected arson incident on Prince of Wales Road, near to the Nelson Hotel.
In this incident, bedding appeared to be set on fire resulting in what one witness described as “several small explosions”.
Nobody was injured in either fire which police believe were connected.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the two incidents and initially “detained under the mental health act”.
A police spokesman said he has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue,
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 7 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 8 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 9 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
Call police on 101.