Man released under investigation following Norwich arsons
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after two fires were started in the city centre within an hour of each other has been released under investigation.
Police were called just before 5.30am on Saturday, January 11 to reports of a suspected arson at a first floor property in Balderstone Court, off Calvert Street.
Less than an hour later, at about 6.15am, police were made aware of another suspected arson incident on Prince of Wales Road, near to the Nelson Hotel.
In this incident, bedding appeared to be set on fire resulting in what one witness described as “several small explosions”.
Nobody was injured in either fire which police believe were connected.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the two incidents and initially “detained under the mental health act”.
A police spokesman said he has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue,
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Call police on 101.