Man released under investigation following Norwich arsons
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested after two fires were started in the city centre within an hour of each other has been released under investigation.
Police were called just before 5.30am on Saturday, January 11 to reports of a suspected arson at a first floor property in Balderstone Court, off Calvert Street.
Less than an hour later, at about 6.15am, police were made aware of another suspected arson incident on Prince of Wales Road, near to the Nelson Hotel.
In this incident, bedding appeared to be set on fire resulting in what one witness described as “several small explosions”.
Nobody was injured in either fire which police believe were connected.
You may also want to watch:
A man in his 20s was arrested in connection with the two incidents and initially “detained under the mental health act”.
A police spokesman said he has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue,
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 10 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
Call police on 101.