Date set for inquest into death of teen in Wymondham
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A date has been set for an inquest into the death of a 17-year-old who was found unconscious in Wymondham.
Stephanie Payne was found unresponsive in the early hours of Wednesday, October 4, 2017, in Norwich Road.
She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital but died later the same day.
At a pre-inquest review into her death held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday March 2, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, told the court the case, which had previously been adjourned while investigations were ongoing, was ready for a full inquest.
She said Miss Payne's death was drug related.
You may also want to watch:
In December, six men appeared in Norwich Crown Court charged with drugs offences relating to the supply of MDMA around the time of Miss Payne's death.
The inquest has been adjourned until April 4, 2020.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low