Date set for inquest into death of teen in Wymondham
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A date has been set for an inquest into the death of a 17-year-old who was found unconscious in Wymondham.
Stephanie Payne was found unresponsive in the early hours of Wednesday, October 4, 2017, in Norwich Road.
She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital but died later the same day.
At a pre-inquest review into her death held at Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday March 2, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, told the court the case, which had previously been adjourned while investigations were ongoing, was ready for a full inquest.
She said Miss Payne's death was drug related.
You may also want to watch:
In December, six men appeared in Norwich Crown Court charged with drugs offences relating to the supply of MDMA around the time of Miss Payne's death.
The inquest has been adjourned until April 4, 2020.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show