Inquest resumes into death of Norfolk TV star Caroline Flack
- Credit: PA
The inquest into the death of Norfolk TV celebrity Caroline Flack is due to resume today.
The 40-year-old former Love Island and X Factor star died at her London flat on February 15,
Miss Flack, who grew up in Norfolk, had been due to stand trial for allegedly assaulting her boyfriend, former tennis player and model Lewis Burton, in December.
MORE: Caroline Flack’s family releases powerful message she wrote days before she diedShe immediately stepped back from her forthcoming presenting duties following the allegations.
Her death came the day after being told the Crown Prosecution Service was pressing ahead with court action against her.
Her family had increased concerns about her mental state as the trial loomed, while Mr Burton also pleaded to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to drop the case.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Flack’s mother Chris, who still lives in Norfolk, accused the CPS of “creating the toxic environment which ultimately led to Caroline’s death.”
However, the CPS found the case was handled “appropriately”.
MORE: ‘Why can’t they let my beautiful daughter rest in peace?’ - Caroline Flack’s mother’s anger at prosecutorHer death prompted an outpouring of sorrow from celebrity friends, colleagues and fans, who referenced one of Flack’s social media posts from December in which she urged people to “be kind”.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
An inquest was opened and adjourned during a four-minute hearing in Poplar, east London, on February 19 when the coroner heard the celebrity was found “lying on her back”.
She was declared dead at the scene and her body was identified by her twin sister, Jody Flack.
A family lawyer has previously said the television personality died by suicide.
MORE: Police and paramedics tried to save Caroline Flack’s life, inquest hearsMiss Flack grew up in Great Hockham and East Wretham. She went to school in Watton.
More than 200 relatives and friends from across the world gathered for her funeral at Greenacres at Colney on the edge of Norwich in March.