Inquest opening hears eight-year-old Salhouse boy had food allergies
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
An inquest opening has heard how an eight-year-old boy who died from anaphylactic shock had food allergies.
Norfolk Coroner's Court heard yesterday how Edward Debbage died at home in Mill Hill, Salhouse, on February 10.
Norfolk assistant coroner David Osborne said at the opening that the facts as currently known were that Edward suffered from allergies to various food groups and became ill during the day of February 10.
He said Edward's condition continued to worsen despite being administered medication and inhalers by his father Matthew, and the eight-year-old had breathing problems and died despite all of the efforts to revive him.
Mr Osborne said the pathologist's report found that the main cause of death was anaphylactic shock.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest was adjourned to be reviewed on or before April 8, with a view to setting the inquest date at the next hearing.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 3 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 8 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk