Swaffham man died from overdose
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A 36-year-old man with drug problems and depression died of an overdose.
Duane Elliot was found lying in the bathroom of his mother's home in The Paddocks, Swaffham, on the morning of September 18.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by a paramedic, an inquest at Bishop's Lynn House in King's Lynn heard today.
Drugs paraphernalia was found near his body, while a note suggesting he intended to take his own life was found in his room.
Assistant coroner for Norfolk Johanna Thompson heard evidence that Mr Elliot had taken drugs since his teens and was being prescribed medication at the time of his death.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem revealed he died from central respiratory depression caused by combined drug toxicity.
Summing up, the coroner said he took his own life by taking an excessive quantity and combination of drugs. She added: "My conclusion is of suicide."
- 1 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 2 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 3 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 4 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 9 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months