Swaffham man died from overdose
PUBLISHED: 11:42 10 May 2019 | UPDATED: 09:37 13 May 2019
Archant © 2011 01603 772434
A 36-year-old man with drug problems and depression died of an overdose.
Duane Elliot was found lying in the bathroom of his mother's home in The Paddocks, Swaffham, on the morning of September 18.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by a paramedic, an inquest at Bishop's Lynn House in King's Lynn heard today.
You may also want to watch:
Drugs paraphernalia was found near his body, while a note suggesting he intended to take his own life was found in his room.
Assistant coroner for Norfolk Johanna Thompson heard evidence that Mr Elliot had taken drugs since his teens and was being prescribed medication at the time of his death.
A post-mortem revealed he died from central respiratory depression caused by combined drug toxicity.
Summing up, the coroner said he took his own life by taking an excessive quantity and combination of drugs. She added: "My conclusion is of suicide."
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.