Hunt is on for domestic abuser who has fled from Norwich Prison
- Credit: Steve Adams
A manhunt is under way after a man convicted of domestic abuse offences absconded from Norwich Prison.
Daniel Coe, 40, who had been a serving prisoner at Norwich Prison where he was serving a sentence for domestic abuse offences, absconded from the Knox Road jail on Sunday (December 1).
The Prison Service confirmed the incident in a statement.
A spokesman said: "We are working closely with Norfolk Police to recapture Daniel Coe who will face further punishment once caught. Absconds from open prison are extremely rare with only one in the four years to March 2019 from HMP Norwich."
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the escape happened at about 12.30pm on Sunday (December 1).
You may also want to watch:
They said they were "working alongside the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) and enquiries are ongoing to trace him".
The Prison Service stated there had only been 34 absconds from HMP Norwich in the 20 years to March 2019.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening