Hunt continues for cyclist who racially abused woman
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing after a cyclist shouted a racially abusive comment at a woman as she was walking.
Police recently released a picture of a man they want to speak to in connection with a racially aggravated incident in Lowestoft.
It happened around 2.30pm on Thursday, June 18 in Rotterdam Road, Lowestoft.
A woman in her 40s was walking down the road when an unknown man approached her on his bike and shouted a racially abusive comment at her before cycling away in the direction of Marham Road.
The man police are keen to trace is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, of slim build.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a dark blue waterproof sports coat with white writing, knee length grey shorts, trainers, a beanie hat and a blue surgical mask.
He was also was riding a BMX-style bike.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
A month on from the incident, and with inquiries continuing, a police spokesman said there was “no further updates at this time”.
If you witnessed the incident, you recognise the man pictured in the CCTV image, or you have any information, call 101 quoting crime reference 37/33912/20.