Teen attacked with iron bar at roadside lay-by
- Credit: Archant
A teenager suffered a broken finger after he was hit with an iron bar in an altercation at a roadside lay-by.
The 18-year-old man had been in an argument with another man at the lay-by off Stalham Road in Hoveton.
It happened on Sunday, May 10 between 3pm and 3.30pm, and traffic had to stop to avoid the men.
Norfolk police said the other man drove off after the metal bar attack.
But officers were later able to track him down, and they arrested a 43-year-old on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm (GBH).
You may also want to watch:
He was then questioned at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen what happened, and witnesses are asked to contact PC Victoria Sweetland at North Walsham Police Station on 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting crime reference 36/30523/20.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Man and woman found dead in home
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'