WATCH: Fury over noisy lockdown party at holiday let
- Credit: Archant
A ‘lockdown party’ held in Norfolk village has sparked irritation from neighbours - and a visit from the police.
The gathering took place at a house in Pinewood Drive, Horning, on the evening of Saturday, May 24. Loud music and a group of people singing songs such as Katy Perry’s Firework could be heard across the neighbourhood.
A Norfolk police spokesman said the property was a short-term let, and the people staying there had been due to leave on Sunday.
The police said: “Officers were called to an address in Pinewood Drive in Horning at 9.15pm on Sunday, May 24 following reports of a gathering at the location. Officers attended and gave words of advice to the occupants.”
Visiting friends at a private address is still banned under the coronavirus lockdown rules, as is staying at short-term lets.
You may also want to watch:
A nearby resident, who did not wish to be named, described the revellers’ behaviour as “appalling”.
He said: “We were concerned that it was a holiday let and people were having a lockdown party.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 3 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 4 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 5 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 6 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 9 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 10 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
“This is quite an elderly village. As a community we’ve really come together during this time to look after our vulnerable so to see outsiders come in and do this is just appalling.
“I appreciate we may be about to see the rules change but they haven’t changed yet, and you can’t stay over.
“It’s sad to see people act like they’re above the regulations - I don’t think these people acted with integrity or within the law.”