Sentencing of violent gang delayed after defence team self-isolates over coronavirus concerns
- Credit: Archant
Sentencing of members of a violent gang who mugged victims for their Rolex watches was adjourned after two of their defence team were advised to self isolate over coronavirus concerns.
Freddie Aguis, 27, from Hackney, London, and Shane Johnson, 28, of no fixed address, were due to be sentenced along with John Weaver, 33, also from Hackney, London, for robbing a woman outside Hingham Fish Bar after following her from London back to her home on March 13 last year.
However the case was adjourned on Wednesday after Norwich Crown Court heard two members of the London-based defence teams for Aguis and Johnson were advised to self-isolate.
Judge Katharine Moore said: "Counsel were unable to attend having accepted advice to self-isolate as a precaution. It is not thought to be any particular cause for concern."
The case has now been adjourned until Thursday, March 26, when it will also be decided what role in the robbery each of the three defendants played.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Moore also ordered pre-sentence reports on all three defendants.
- 1 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 4 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 5 Do you recognise this man?
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years