Lucky escape for driver after head on collision with telegraph pole
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man had a lucky escape after walking free from a head on collision with a telegraph pole at Bressingham.
Around 5.25pm emergency services were called to the A1066 to the single vehicle collision, involving a Ford.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: 'The vehicle was smoking on arrival and the driver was out of the vehicle. He was walking wounded with a minor injury.'
Electrical cables were in the road after the telegraph pole was snapped in two, and UK Power networks are on route.
The road is closed between Chequers Inn and Pooley Street while recovery is underway.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire appliances from Diss attended to make the scene safe, and ambulance crews were on scene.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show