Drug driver caught with 17 bags of cannabis he was ‘looking after for a friend’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A drug driver was caught in possession of 17 bags of cannabis after police spoke to him about his loud exhaust.
Jacob Sewell, of Hall Plain, Great Yarmouth, was found to be driving on North Quay with the class B drug in his system on May 21.
Appearing at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, the 20-year-old pleaded guilty to the two charges.
Christopher Bowles, defending, said: 'This was not a case of impairment. He was stopped because of his exhaust.
'He is a young man and this is his first time before the court.'
You may also want to watch:
Jen Walker, prosecuting, said: 'He denied having the drugs to supply them and said he was looking after them for a friend who had family visiting.'
Sewell was banned from driving for 12 months for the drug driving offence and was fined £100 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £30 and court costs of £85.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash