Banned drug driver caught behind wheel of stolen Audi convertible
- Credit: Archant
A driver already banned from the road was caught by police behind the wheel of a stolen car while under the influence of drugs.
A grey Audi A3 convertible was reported stolen on Monday, May 18.
It was found by officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) later that day, on Caister Road in Great Yarmouth.
After stopping the car, police discovered that the driver had been banned from the road and failed a drugs test.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of numerous offences including disqualified driving, drug driving and theft of the car.
You may also want to watch:
The stolen Audi will be reunited with its owner.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK